EGB was launched back in 2011, making it one of the first esports betting sites. At the time, the bookmaker specialized in computer game tournaments, having acquired a gaming license from Costa Rica. Its betting portfolio has since expanded as it hosts popular esports betting titles like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Starcraft 2, and Dota 2. Asians are known to dominate the League of Legends tournaments. Here’s a detailed review of the esports betting site.
EGB - eSports betting
Its betting portfolio comprises a range of eSports tournaments, events, and games. Players who don’t want to play for real money can play for free using the Play Money feature. The bookmaker’s 4.6% odds margin is pretty competitive in comparison with others.
This is because Egb bets on top teams from League of Legends or Dota 2 don’t usually earn fans large sums of cash. However, if they place wagers during the early stages of the competition using accumulator style betting they can benefit from competitive odds. The bookmaker also offers impressive betting limits that cater to all types of players.
The Most Popular Esports Games
The site boasts a vast range of esports games consisting of multi-player online battle, real-time strategy tournament, novelty games, and first-person shooter games. The most popular games include:
- League of Legends: It is a favorite game among many fans with the major tournaments consisting of the Mid-Season Invitational, LoL World Championship, Summer Splits, and the EU/NA Spring. The site also allows fans to make traditional LoL bets with teams like Flash Wolves and SK Telcom T1 appearing at the top
- CSGO: This betting market is a little limited compared to LOL and Dota 2. Fans can only bet on the region’s winning team and outright match winners
- EGB Dota 2: It is the most lucrative game on the site. It hosts tournaments like the International Asia Championships, which offer prizes of up to ₹ 20 million. Just as the League of Legends, players can try the Virtus. Pro and OD Dota 2 to get the first kill, the first team to destroy the barrack, first blood among others
Apart from these three popular sports, the company has a live streaming feature that allows players worldwide to bet real money while watching the games. The live-action is available daily, and it has been integrated with a live chat feature that enables fans to interact. Also, fans can leverage changes in the score-line to make substantial profits. This is because backing the matches halfway through a game increases the odds significantly.
Types of bets
It has more than ten esports games players can bet, and each title has different bet types. Punters looking to bet on Rocket League, CSGO, and League of Legends should place outright winner bets for big tournaments and match-winners for competitive play. What’s more, during the tournaments, the bookmaker displays the native country of each competing team using a small icon to make it easy to place bets. Here’s a detailed overview of some bets:
- Match Winner: The player bets on the winner of the individual match before the event starts. This kind of bet can be made on sports events like the World of Tanks, CSGO, and Fortnite
- Handicap bet: The bet allows players to give or take round wins to one of the teams playing before the game starts. Dota 2 CSGO, LOL and Overwatch enable fans to make handicap bets
- Outright bet: The bet enables the player to predict the winner of an event or a tournament. Punters can place the bet before or during the event. Outright wagers are particularly effective when playing in competitive environments like DreamHack, The International and other World Championships
- Over/under betting: The player bets against the bookmaker by predicting whether the combined score will be more or less than the predetermined score. CSGO betting allows players to makeover/under bets
- Round Winner bet: The player places a bet on the first player or team to execute an opposing action. Live betting matches make it easy for players to place bets in the middle of the game. The stakes can be placed on sports like World of Tanks, CSGO, and Fortnite
EGB Bonus & Promotions
The site matches up the player’s initial deposit by 100% up to a maximum of $600. The bonus is awarded in five portions for an extended period so the player can engage in lol betting or Dota 2 betting. Since each bonus amount can be used within a three-month period, players can wait for more rewarding tournaments to place bets.
Points program: The site awards players 10 points for every $1 spent on betting at the odds of 1.30 or more
Referral program: The site awards $50 bonus to players who refer friends to the site
Initially, the operator did not have an app, but the website was mobile responsive. As such, fans can play using a variety of devices. Whether the player is using an Android, iOS, or Microsoft OS, they could access the site.
Later the bookmaker developed an Android app with a new attractive logo. With Android smartphones that support third-party apps, users can download the app.
EGB Payment Methods
The eSports online betting site has a range of banking options, including traditional and e-wallet methods (Visa, Neteller, Skrill, among others). The deposit time varies based on the banking option used, but withdrawals are processed within 24 hours. Also, punters withdrawing more than once a month are required to pay a fee of 4% of the withdrawal amount.
The bookmaker provides a variety of customer support options, including:
Telephone: +506 40 003944
The site also has a detailed FAQ page for self-service and a live chat option for users looking for urgent responses. The customer representatives are well-versed in different languages, so punters are confident about finding help.
So Is It worth Placing Your Bets At EGB
EGB Sportsbook remains a leading eSports betting site since its inception. The wide range of eSports events, competitive odds, and different markets to choose from makes this platform a good bookmaker. Also, the inclusion of a live stream attracts many users as they can interact with other EGB esports fans during CSGO, League of Legends, or Dota 2 tournaments. What’s more, the integration of common sports like Rocket League, Smite and Overwatch means the bookmaker caters to a large audience
❓ What does EGB stand for?
It is a short form for eGamingBets. The shorter title and domain name are used on the betting website.
? Can I bet on eSports on my phone?
Yes, players can bet on eSports from their phones. They have two options: first, they can access the site via the browser and place bets. Secondly, they can download the Android app and wager on a game or tournament.
? Is EGB a scam?
The bookmaker is a legit betting platform. It provides a decent selection of tournaments and secure deposit and withdrawal options. Also, the fact that it has a live chat platform available 24/7 means users can address problems as they arise.